About Me

My photo
Welcome to the Fast Move Blog! We are one of the UK’s fastest growing Cash Home Buyers and we are highly skilled in helping people to sell their homes and move on with their lives, whatever the circumstances. If you need to sell your home quickly then contact us today for a free, no obligation quotation. Tel: 0845 8350625

Tuesday 16 October 2012

What's the WORST thing about selling your house?

We have been asking our sellers what they hate about selling their house. Here is what they told us... do any of them sound familiar to you? Leave us a comment and let us know what you dislike the most.

“Estate agents. Pure and simple. They ask for loads of money but don’t seem to be doing much at all to try and help me sell my house. It’s been on the market for eighteen months and I’ve already lost out on the house I wanted to move to. I really feel like they don’t care.” Joanie G

 “Having to keep the house spotless for the viewings. We don’t want to turn anyone down, and we’re in the house all day, so sometimes the estate agent calls us up and asks to bring someone round right away. We have to agree, so we have to keep the house tidy all the time, and my husband has to run out with our dog as we’re worried our boisterous Doberman will put people off!” Helen V

 “The worst thing for me is not knowing that it will go through. Our sale has fallen through twice now. Once on the day before we were due to move. I’ve stopped getting excited when we accept an offer now as it just never actually seems to happen.” Kate F

 “Having people traipsing round my house making comments to each other. I know shouldn’t but I take it personally when they say the décor is outdated or call my beautiful bathroom pokey!” Janet F

“All the waiting is the most stressful part. In the past all my houses have sold quickly. Selling is always stressful but this time has been much worse. There’s not been much interest and I know other people who are trying to sell too and it seems to be the same for everyone. The market is incredibly slow and everyone is having to wait ages before they find a buyer.” Ian C

“The biggest issue I had was when my next door neighbour put her house up for sale for ten grand less than ours. The houses are virtually identical, so obviously someone is going to opt for the cheaper one, but we just can’t afford to go that low, so we’re going to probably have to wait for hers to sell first before anyone will buy ours.” Claudia D

“The lack of interest. Our house is pretty nice, it’s in good condition, but we’ve had no offers and only a handful of viewings. It’s depressing! We just can’t work out what the problem is, we’re not getting any real feedback” Katy S

If selling your house is becoming a struggle we may be able to help. Contact the team at Fastmove today and let us make you an offer!




No comments:

Post a Comment